Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

Shopping brings dividends

I hate shopping, waste of time. A necessity where food and cleaning products are concerned but a waste of good birding time. With a dry weekend forecast it was shopping after work tonight so it was off down to Aldi. It was actually perfectly timed. Every day crows and jackdaws pass my house either going to or coming off the roost. This evening I found the roost halfway between home and Aldi - couple hundred Jackdaw in 3 or 4 trees adjacent to the woods where I have nest boxes. Great stuff.

After tea it was out for Tawny again and despite good conditions -nothing. I think this might have been down to the idiots having a firework display in the distant. It was also upsetting the Jackdaws.

Big weekend see's me on the coast first thing tomorrow then down the road to clean out nest boxes and hopefully put some up and Sunday sees me cleaning them out at Stithians and hopefully getting my Marsh Tit boxes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment