Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

Update

I thought I'd better do some sort of catch up post as I haven't been here for a while. I've done hardly any nesting since getting back from Mull. In fact I've only added 1 new nest since I got back which is a repeat clutch for the Oystercatcher. Fulmar chicks will be hatching now so a visit to the coast is imminent as the Cormorant begin to fledge.

I've approached another landowner and they have given me permission to put nest boxes on their land. It's at the end of the woods where I already have boxes. I could probably only get 6-8 boxes up but will make a welcome addition to the 115 I already monitor.

I've had little time for nesting as I have begun training for a 100 mile cycling sportive down here in Cornwall that takes in Lands End, the Lizard Point and with it 6,000 ft of ascent. The distance isn't an issue, it's getting a time of 6hrs or less that is. Having said that, this is a training run itself really to see where I am for the Dartmoor Classic next year which I'll be raising sponsorship for. There's nowhere in Cornwall I can train for this especially with 10,000 ft of ascent.  

No comments:

Post a Comment