Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Never rely on a memory stick

As part of my PTLLS teacher /trainer course I have to give a 20 minute presentation to the class on any subject of my choice and demonstrate that they have learnt something - no brainer, got to be the Nest Record Scheme. After thinking long and hard how best to utilise this opportunity to promote the NRS in a way that might enthuse people with no previous wildlife experience I decided that I'll cover successful siteing and monitoring of a garden nest box and will even ensure I have some spare in the car if anyone wants to try one.

I had 95% of my text and all of my powerpoint display finished and on a memory stick ready to start practising. Yesterday at the college we chose our dates, either 17th of this month or the 24th. I chose the 17th and I'm second up. Now, here came the snag.......

Last night I was going to start fine tuning it and practising but - I couldn't find the stick! Another look today and nothing so I have spent the last 3 hours this evening re-doing everything. Not impressed but a lesson learnt - save stuff on the PC as well as a memory stick......

No comments:

Post a Comment