Pages

Sunday 3 March 2013

The Weekend

Saturday started off by trying to nail the three Brambling that have been sighted on my feeding station down at the reservoir. It didn't take too long for the first to appear with the second one shortly afterwards. A 30-45 minute wait finally produced what I didn't think I was going to get - the third one. A nice surprise came just before I left in the shape of a pair of Collared Dove. The station is running for it's fourth season now and this is the first known sighting of this species.

Over to Hells Mouth in the afternoon very hopeful that the Cormorants would have started laying - unfortunately not. Incredible to think that Cormorants 60 miles up the road are not only on full clutches but are almost ready to hatch. A Raven was seen nest building but still no records here either as the site can be seen through a telescope from half a mile away but no close up view of nest contents can be had due to angle and the overhang in the cliff face.

Another visit to Hells Mouth today and still no eggs......

Did find another small Shag colony though, I'll check this out properly next weekend when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment