Pages

Saturday 16 March 2013

Hits and misses of Garden Birdwatch

I hate going to work. 40hrs a week Mon-Fri is a chore and a bore. I spend time every day looking at the weather forecast for the weekends deciding what to do. Weekends cant come round quick enough

The forecast for today has been crap all week however, upon waking up, it was sunny, no wind and looking good. An hour of garden birdwatching brought my first Goldcrest for the garden with something else flying across and landing in a bush in next door's garden - I had just missed recording my first Chiff Chaff for the garden.

Down to the reservoir and a walk around the wet woodland area was first up looking for Long-tailed Tit activity in the gorse. Soon as I got there in came the heavy sleet. Cleared up for half an hour but no Long-tailed Tits. A few Chiff Chaff though so obviously a recent fall. With the showers getting more frequent and heavier it was time to call it a day and it was only 9.30am

Funnily enough not long after getting home a pair of Coal Tit appeared in the garden, only my second ever garden record.

No comments:

Post a Comment