Pages

Tuesday 13 May 2014

Blue Tit (Parus caeruleus)

Regular readers to this blog will know I am not nor have ever claimed to be a wildlife photographer. I am first and foremost a nest recorder however this afternoon I took an hour out to try to photograph Blue Tit's at one of my boxes that has young. The two adults were in and out non-stop as each young (this box held 8) can demand up to 100 caterpillars each per day for 14-17 days. For a brood of 10 that could be up to 17,000 caterpillars to raise their family. Although the results are not as good as some people's for my experience I'm quite happy with them - 

flying out 




leaving with a faecal sac


this image was my favourite - one leaves with another faecal sac whilst one arrives with another caterpillar


No comments:

Post a Comment