Pages

Sunday 20 October 2013

A pond, rings and nest box construction interference

This morning the weather was rather crappy but in-between the showers I managed to dig a pond in my dad's back garden. He's hoping to get my nephew into wildlife by putting things like frog spawn in it. We'll see......

Anyway, after lunch it had cleared up so another venture to the Hayle. Within ten minutes two ringed Herring Gulls were in the book No's 3CT1 and 7HJ6. I think both are Paul Vernon's on Guernsey who's link can be found down the right hand side - Guernsey Gulls. Unfortunately I have no images as my memory card was full and I don't know how to transfer them from the camera memory.

Afterwards I started constructing my first ever Tawny Owl box. The side that will take the baton was given a coat of Sadolin, at £10 a box the longer these things last the better. The other three sides and back were constructed whilst the other one dried. I popped inside the house for a few moments, came back out to apply Sadolin to the rest of the box to find this -

   
Guess I'll have to wait......

No comments:

Post a Comment